5 Simple Tips to avoid being the Victim of Cyber Crime
By taking a little extra care and time it may save you from unwanted grief and despair in the long:
- Protect your accounts with unique passwords or passphrases using a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Be alert when you receive an email or message, especially from an unknown source. Is it asking you to click a link or download software? Be certain you know what your downloading.
- Avoid downloading pirated software or free programs from unknown sources these may be concealing malware.
- Don’t click on pop-up windows that promise you something in return, you may not get what you bargained for.
- Ensure your anti-virus and anti-malware software from a trustworthy provider is up to date.
Apart from these 5 simple tips, its also worth considering taking the hardware approach, use a web cam cover and audio blocker.
If your device has been unknowingly infected, you can at least prevent cyber criminals from actively viewing or listening to you.
Web Cam Covers and Audio Blockers also prevent other unwanted 3rd parties such as Google, Facebook and the like from invading your privacy.
You control what can be seen or heard and when.
Check out store.fastlanesecure.com for your digital security hardware.